Dates: June 2, 2016 through August 29, 2016
Overall Responsibility: Coordinate the running and storage of properties during rehearsals and performances.
- Attend all production meetings, rehearsals, and performances.
- During rehearsal, set up and strike necessary props for scenes being rehearsed.
- Take detailed notes of any issues with the props and notify the Props Designer.
- Supervise the proper storage of all props during and after each rehearsal and performance.
- For each performance, act as lead and supervise crew of volunteers and interns.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of prop shifts and verify that shifts have been completed properly and safely.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of backstage prop areas between rehearsals and performances.
- Ensure all props are returned where or to whom they belong at change-overs and strikes.
- Generate all appropriate props paperwork, such as preset sheets and running lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A B.A. in Theatre preferred.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Ability to give clear directions and encourage questions when working with staff, interns and/or volunteers.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and implementation of the same.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates should send resume and a letter of intent via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.