Dates: Late May 2017 – August 2017
Overall Responsibility: Coordinate and implement the use of wireless microphone equipment for assigned production(s).
- In collaboration with the Sound Designer and Assistant, compose a microphone plot for assigned production(s).
- Prepare, dress, and maintain wireless microphones for assigned production(s).
- Assist in the creation of the sound prompt script for assigned production(s).
- Collaborate with the Costume Department in devising transmitter placement and protection on each performer.
- Collaborate with the Hair & Wig Department in devising microphone placement and protection on each performer.
- Assist fellow Microphone Dressers in making necessary modifications and adjustments to the wireless microphones as required by other productions in a given week.
- Assist with the load-in, load-out, and maintenance of the orchestra pit.
- Assist in the organization and storage of sound equipment.
- Attend all sound work calls, production meetings, rehearsals, and performances of assigned production(s).
- Other responsibilities designated by the Sound Designer and unique to the given production.
- A serious interest in the theatre profession, preferably having obtained or currently pursing an education in theatre.
- Previous experience in sound operation/design preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as being a positive team member.
- Exhibited self-reliance and willingness to seek out all possible solutions before giving up.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
Interested candidates should send resume and a letter of intent via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 17 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.