Dates: Mid-May 2017 through August 2017
Overall Responsibility: Oversee and organize the receipt, transit, and the return of all rented and stock costumes and costume accessories.
- Receive shipments of rented costumes and inventory/size upon arrival.
- Photograph each rented piece for reference and tracking; file pictures according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Retain shipping slips for reference and tracking; file slips according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Tag all rental items for identification.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Supervisor for transportation of costumes to and from warehouse and theatre.
- Following a production’s final performance, retrieve and verify all stock and rental items are returned.
- Facilitate any necessary dry cleaning of rented and stock items.
- Keep the stock costume storage neat and organized.
- Keep dance shoe stock organized by individual performer; add new boxes/shoes as season progresses.
- Notify the Costume Shop Supervisor immediately if a rented costume is lost or damaged.
Prepare rental costumes for return, including appropriately packaging costumes, enclosing a copy of the original packing slip, and confirming all listed items are enclosed.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 17 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.