Dates: Mid-May 2017 – August 2017
Overall Description: Plan and execute the construction, repair, and modification of the season’s costume accessories.
- Supervise all Craft Artisans.
- Schedule and supervise construction progress of crafts and advise Costume Shop Supervisor of any needs in order to meet deadlines and maintain standards.
- Serve as point person for all communications between Costume Designers and Craft personnel.
- Review costume designs and consult with the Costume Designers on construction and use of all accessories.
- Modify and/or build such items as hats, jewelry, armor, shoes, belts, assorted leather goods, masks, crowns and specialty wigs in consultation with the Costume Designers and Wig and Hair Designers.
- ABA in Theater or Studio Arts/ or comparable professional experience.
- Experience in all areas of costume crafts including but not limited to millinery, dyeing, leather work, jewelry, shoe construction, and repair.
- Strong knowledge of costume craft materials including historical references and modern availabilities.
- Working knowledge of leather and fabric paints, solvents and adhesives.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experienced in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, calmly and succinctly.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, ability to prioritize, and multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of safety standards and implementation of them.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 31 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.