Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: 6 day work week
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor and Technical Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: Assists the Warehouse Supervisor with maintenance of Music Circus facilities (including the warehouse and scenic shop) and the coordination of storage and transportation of facility and production elements such as scenic, property, and costume items.
- Assist with the maintenance and organization of storage at the warehouse and scenic shop, including scenic items, tools, hardware, and supplies.
- Help to maintain clean and safe working environments at the scenic shop and warehouse by:
- Emptying garbage cans into the dumpster
- Stocking and cleaning restrooms
- Keeping outdoor and indoor areas free of debris
- Keeping building floors swept and slip-free
- Assist in the load in and load out of all Music Circus productions and special events
- Conduct routine deliveries and pickups of miscellaneous supplies to and from CMT administrative offices and theatres, as instructed by the Technical Supervisor and/or Warehouse Supervisor.
- Professionally represent CMT to outside vendors, organizations, and colleagues.
- Perform all tasks efficiently and safely; Advise the Warehouse Supervisor when additional labor is required for the safe execution of a given task; Refrain from any task that may result in physical injury or hazard.
- Participate in load in and load out of theatre facility.
- Participate in changeovers and strikes.
- Assist in the safe and efficient transportation of scenic items, properties, and costumes from storage, the scenic shop, the rehearsal space, the costume shop and/or the theatre.
- Assist in the preparation of tools and hardware for changeovers and strikes.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Technical Supervisor.
- A serious interest in the theatre profession, preferably having obtained or currently pursing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate, semi-professional, or professional experience in musical theatre.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a positive team member.
- Exhibited self-reliance and willingness to seek out all possible solutions before giving up.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Valid Drivers License
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.