Dates: June 11, 2016 through August 29, 2016
Overall Responsibility: Supervise and participate in day work with the wardrobe team and make all repairs necessary to prepare costumes for all dress rehearsals and performances.
- Supervise, delegate, and perform, as necessary, costume day work, including but not limited to washing, drying, ironing, steaming, sorting and distributing show costumes.
- Train interns new to working in the wardrobe department the proper techniques of costume day work.
- Based on the lists compiled by the Wardrobe Supervisor, make repairs and alterations to costumes including garments, accessories, and shoes.
- Ensure the show in performance is the first priority with regard to washing machine and dryer availability.
- In addition to making listed repairs, thoroughly inspect each garment, including all seams and fastenings, for other repairs and repair them.
- Delegate repair work to day work team based on necessity in order to complete repair work and the ability of the team members.
- For complex repairs, consult with the Costume Shop Supervisor for the best solution.
- Report all costuming issues and concerns to the Wardrobe Supervisor.
- Ensure prior to the Wardrobe Dressers call time for each dress rehearsal and performance all Assist with the load-in and load-out of costumes for the first dress rehearsals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess machine and hand sewing skills, with an understanding of garment construction.
- A serious interest in the theatre profession, preferably having obtained or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate or professional experience as a wardrobe dresser.
- Ability to take direction and see as task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a positive team member.
- Exhibited self-reliance and willingness to seek out all possible solutions.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking ability.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.