Dates: Mid-May 2017 – August 2017
Overall Description: Individuals with strong sewing skills to assist in building of costumes and some crafting. Applicants must have a strong stitching skills and ability to take direction. Previous costume shop experience and/or professional sewing experience preferred.
- Sews, either by machine or hand, the costumes assigned by team leader (First Hand or Cutter).
- Manages time effectively on each sewing project.
- Maintains personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively.
- Communicates with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Works well under pressure
- Maintains good communication with team and costume designer
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques.
- Ability to operate with skill a variety of sewing machines including but not limited to: single needle industrial; industrial zig-zag; overlock, merrow or serger; domestic straight and zig-zag machines.
- Ability to operate industrial steam iron.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane email@example.com with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 31 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.