Dates: Late May through August
Overall Responsibility: Assist the Stage Management Team with the running rehearsals and performances of each assigned production. Those enrolled in the EMC program are encouraged to apply.
- Attend all production meetings, rehearsals, and performances.
- Assist in the creation of production paperwork including contact sheets and rehearsal schedules.
- Assist in the creation of the prompt book for each production.
- During rehearsal set up and strike the necessary scenic elements for the scenes being rehearsed.
- As needed, supervise the stage management interns and help keep them focused and on task.
- Assist in the creation of scene shift sheets and running documents.
- Monitor rehearsal as necessary.
- During performances, act as a key member of the running crew.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A B.A. in Theatre preferred.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Ability to read music and a general understanding of Actors’ Equity rules is preferred.
- Ability to give clear directions and encourage questions when working with staff, interns and/or volunteers.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and implementation of the same.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.