Dates: Mid-May 2017 – August 2017
Overall Responsibility: Assist with the research, design, purchase and manufacture of all hand-held properties and set dressing for assigned production(s).
- Conduct research as assigned by Properties Designer and/or Properties Foreperson for prop builds and purchases in collaboration.
- Help sort through and organize Music Circus prop stock as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Properties Designer and/or Foreperson modify, build and paint props for each given production.
- Assist with the creation of a prop bible for assigned productions.
- As assigned, supervise and allocate work among interns.
- Help to maintain a department paperwork including running supply lists and to-do lists.
- Assist in packing properties appropriately to ensure the proper handling, storage, and organization of properties for rehearsal and the run of the show.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in Theatre preferred.
- Collegiate and/or professional musical theatre prop design work preferred.
- Basic knowledge of power tools, painting techniques, and basic sewing required.
- Possess creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to take a note from the artistic team and implement necessary changes.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane email@example.com with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 17 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.