Dates: June 7, 2016 through June 28, 2016
Overall Responsibility: Act as the liaison between the Cutter/Draper(s) and Stitchers for assigned production(s).
- Cut fabric according patterns and instructions developed by the Cutter/Draper.
- Appropriately mark fabric for assembly.
- Instruct and supervise Stitchers on the proper assembly of each costume.
- In costume fittings, take notes for necessary alternations of each costume piece as instructed by the Cutter/Draper.
- Prepare and distribute costume notes to the Stitchers based on priority and ability.
- Ensure costumes notes are completed in accordance to deadlines such as fittings, photo call, dress rehearsals and opening performance.
- Oversee Stitcher workflow, progress and quality.
Stitch as necessary.
- Attend photo call and dress rehearsals.
- Maintain a record of alternations that must be restored to rental costumes upon closing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of costume construction.
- Knowledge of theatrical costuming.
- Working knowledge of costume materials including historical references and modern abilities.
- Ability to teach new or different stitching techniques to Stitchers as needed.
- Ability to act as a team leader by effectively giving clear directions and encouraging questions with patience and clarity.
- Have a talent for setting a standard of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.