Dates: May 24, 2016 through June 14, 2016
Overall Responsibility: Work closely with the Costume Designer to build and alter costumes for each assigned production.
- Develop patterns and cut fabrics for necessary costume builds.
- Instruct and supervise the First Hand and Stitchers on the proper assembly of each costume.
- In costume fittings, determine and mark the necessary alternations of each costume piece in collaboration with the Costume Designer.
- Prepare and distribute costume notes to the Stitchers based on priority and ability.
- Ensure costumes notes are completed in accordance to deadlines such as fittings, photo call, dress rehearsals and opening performance.
- Oversee Stitcher workflow, progress and quality.
- Attend photo call and dress rehearsals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in costume construction and pattern development.
- Ability to translate a costume sketch into component parts.
- Working knowledge of costume materials including historical references and modern availabilities.
- Ability to teach new or different stitching techniques to Stitchers as needed.
- Ability to act as a team leader by effectively giving clear directions and encouraging questions with
- patience and clarity.
- Have a talent for setting a standard of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.