Dates: May 16, 2016 through August 27, 2016
Overall Responsibility: Shop for and procure costume items specified by the Costume Shop Supervisor and the Costume Designers.
- Shop Sacramento and outlying areas to procure requested costume items.
- Research and order costume needs online for discounts and specialty items.
- Based on information provided by the Costume Shop Supervisor, purchase and organize all the seasons’ undergarments and “skin parts”.
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships.
- Work with local cobbler to dance rubber and modify shoes as necessary to meet Actors’ Equity guidelines and production schedule deadlines.
- Strictly follow accounting procedures as directed by the Director of Production.
- Creatively seek cost efficient methods of meeting costuming needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A serious interest in the theatre profession, preferably having obtained or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate or professional experience in musical theatre.
- Ability to work independently for the majority of the workday.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record a must.
- Familiarity with the Sacramento and Northern California region preferred.
- Ability to work independently and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a positive team member.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane email@example.com with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 18 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.