Dates: Mid-May 2017 through August 2017
Overall Responsibility: Oversee and organize the receipt, transit and return of all rented and stock costumes and costume accessories.
- Receive shipments of rented costumes and inventory/size upon arrival.
- Photograph each rented piece for reference and tracking; file pictures according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Retain shipping slips for reference and tracking; file slips according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Tag all rental items for identification.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Supervisor for transportation of costumes to and from warehouse and theatre.
- Following a production’s final performance, retrieve and verify all stock and rental items are returned.
- Facilitate any necessary dry cleaning of rented and stock items.
- Keep the stock costume storage neat and organized.
- Keep dance shoe stock organized by individual performer; add new boxes/shoes as season progresses.
- Notify the Costume Shop Supervisor immediately if a rented costume is lost or damaged.
Prepare rental costumes for return, including appropriately packaging costumes, enclosing a copy of the original packing slip, and confirming all listed items are enclosed.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane email@example.com with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 17 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.