Dates: Mid-May 2017 – August 2017
Overall Description: Plan and execute the construction, repair, and modification of the season’s costume accessories.
- Supervise all Craft Artisans.
- Schedule and supervise construction progress of crafts and advise Costume Shop Supervisor of any needs in order to meet deadlines and maintain standards.
- Serve as point person for all communications between Costume Designers and Craft personnel.
- Review costume designs and consult with Costume Designers on construction and use of all accessories.
- Modify and/or build such items as hats, jewelry, armor, shoes, belts, assorted leather goods, masks, crowns and specialty wigs in consultation with the Costume Designers and Wig and Hair Designers.
- A BA in Theater or Studio Arts/ or comparable professional experience.
- Experience in all areas of costume crafts including but not limited to millinery, dying, leather work, jewelry, shoe construction and repair.
- Strong knowledge of costume craft materials including historical references and modern availabilities.
- Working knowledge of leather and fabric paints, solvents and adhesives.
- Possess a talent for setting standards of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, time management and work flow analysis.
- Demonstrated experienced in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, calmly and succinctly.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, ability to prioritize, and multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of safety standards and implementation of them.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Interested applicants should email letter of intent and resume to Jill Lane email@example.com with letter of intent and resume. Deadline to apply is March 31 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.