Current Employment Opportunities:We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer Reports to Director of Marketing and Public Relations
This full time position, with benefits, is the sole Graphic Designer position in the fast-paced Marketing & Public Relations Department at California Musical Theatre, the non-profit arts organization that presents the Music Circus series at Wells Fargo Pavilion and the Broadway Sacramento series at Community Center Theater. The position entails the design and production coordination of a variety of marketing materials including brochures, flyers, print advertisements, online advertisements, website graphics, show playbills, posters and outdoor banners. Qualified candidates must have a degree in graphic design or a similar field, and be skilled in graphic design for both print and web, logo design, desktop publishing, print production and project management. The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience: High level of creative ability, strong work ethic, team-oriented sensibility, ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects with multiple project managers, ability to meet strict and frequent deadlines, experience with both Macintosh and Windows platforms, robust and diverse portfolio of projects. Interest/experience in the theater or performing arts fields helpful but not required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Design variety of marketing materials including
- Print advertisements
- Online advertisements
- Outdoor banners
- Show playbills
- Responsibilities range from conceptualizing/creating projects from scratch to modifying/localizing already-created artwork
- Create show playbills distributed at performances
- Create logos
- Create banners/other artwork for website
- Create artwork for use in email templates
- Research shows as necessary to obtain adequate level of familiarity
- Retouch/enhance photographs
- Monitor workload to allow realistic assessment of completion dates for projects with flexible deadlines
- Track all projects and due dates to ensure that deadlines are consistently met
- Obtain required project approvals from appropriate parties
- Get bids from outside vendors for production of materials
- Coordinate all stages of production of materials with outside vendors
- Broad knowledge of graphic design, layout
- High level of creativity and imagination
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail
- Excellent time management capabilities
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Ability to meet frequent and multiple deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects for multiple project managers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising
- Knowledge of printing/production procedures and requirements
- Proficient in a variety of graphic design software, including Illustrator Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Degree in graphic design or a similar field required
- Varied design experience in a professional environment
- Experience working with printers and other outside vendors
- Robust and diverse portfolio
- Interest/experience in the theater or performing arts fields helpful but not required
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume via email to: CMTrecruitment@calmt.com. Please list job title in email subject line. Candidates applying for the Graphic Designer position DO NOT have to fill out the application form below in addition to sending cover letter and resume.
- – -
Thank you for inquiring about employment opportunities at California Musical Theatre. All applications and resumes received for open positions will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring personnel. Those received for other positions will be reviewed and kept on file for consideration if applicable positions become available.
For information about volunteer opportunities with us, please visit our Volunteer page. Thank you again for your interest in employment with California Musical Theatre.
California Musical Theatre general job application form:
For general employment submission, please fill out our form along with our general job application, cover letter and resume.
California Musical Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.