The Wells Fargo Pavilion is the site of Music Circus, and the box office for ticket sales of both Music Circus and Broadway Sacramento shows.
Music Circus was founded in 1951 as the first professional musical theatre in the round west of Mississippi. Until 2002, its first-class productions were presented under a canvas tent, the last of its kind in the country.
In 2003, on the same site as the original canvas tent, California Musical Theatre opened the Wells Fargo Pavilion, which combines the traditional arena stage with improved audience comfort. Music Circus is the largest, continually operating musical theatre-in-the-round in the country, making it a landmark in the professional theatre community.
The majority of the principal ensemble cast has extensive Broadway and national tour credits. Music Circus operates under a contract with Actors’ Equity Association, the union of professional actors and stage managers in the United States.
- A Chorus Line - Jun 24, 2014 - Jun 29, 2014
- Music Circus Summer Dance Class Series - Jun 30, 2014 - Aug 11, 2014
- Mary Poppins - Jul 8, 2014 - Jul 13, 2014
- South Pacific - Jul 22, 2014 - Jul 27, 2014
- Show Time - Summer Session - Jul 28, 2014 - Aug 1, 2014
- Brigadoon - Aug 5, 2014 - Aug 10, 2014
- La Cage Aux Folles - Aug 19, 2014 - Aug 24, 2014