Location - Wells Fargo Pavilion
For Ages 9-13
The Academy’s two-day, six-hour workshop empowers children ages 9 to 13 to audition for any musical theatre opportunity with confidence by strengthening techniques in acting, dancing and singing. Participants will learn performance readiness skills, by practicing the process and understanding the vocabulary of a musical theatre audition. Our skilled professional teaching artists help aspiring performers gain self-confidence by giving participants the tools they need for success, including what to expect in an audition, how to connect with new material, how to approach a cold reading, how to understand and take direction, and how to quickly learn a dance combination.
DATES & TIMES:
- Saturday, January 31 – 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Sunday, February 1 – 1:00pm to 4:00pm
THINGS TO BRING:
- Your sheet music to a musical theatre song(s) (if you have one)
- Jazz shoes (if you have a pair)
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes you can dance in
TEACHING ARTISTS: Gail Dartez, Graham Sobelman, Sunny Mitchell
For more information please contact Joann Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 446-5880, ext. 147.